Monday, April 7, 2008

Day 199 Verona, Italy





























































































As I posted yesterday, I took a walking tour of Verona today. The city was just lovely…. I really enjoyed the Piazza delle Erbe where the frescos of old can still be seen on the outside of some of the buildings. This place really took you back in time….. I also really enjoyed the Piazza dei Signori where a statue of Dante stood out in the middle. I guess one of the highlights was the balcony of Juliette…. For me the top highlight was the Arena di Verona, the second largest colosseum, second only to the Colosseum in Rome…. spectacular

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A couple of big days coming up. Enjoy your 200th day on your cruise, tomorrow and Happy Birthday on Thursday.