Thursday, April 24, 2008

Day 216 New York, New York USA











Back in the USA!!!! We sailed into New York harbor early this morning drawing to a close my Mega Voyage. It was a beautiful sail in.... much better than last year's rainy morning. It was sad to say goodbye to friends, especially Allan & Sandra and Peter & Betty. The crew was so wonderful, I will miss them all. I left the ship around 0845 and took a transfer to Newark airport. There I met my friend Patty who picked me up with a full sized SUV. It was a good thing because I had 9 bags.... embarrassing! We went back to Patty's house and had a nice visit, then it was time to hit the road. The drive to my sister's house in Delaware was a bit strange.... I haven't driven a car in over 7 months.... scary! Tomorrow I will drive home. I am really looking forward to seeing my home and my neighbors......

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so glad Mr. Tan Man you arrived safe and sound. Are you doing any more trips/ blogs to follow?? I am do not what to do with my life now that I have no cultural / geographical entertainment ???!!!!

Best regards
Cor & Jacky

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home! I am forever a fan :)

Cheers, Roma

Anonymous said...

Well done Jeff....great blog and your pics were amzing (as you would say!) You will need a vacation after all that.

Paul and Maria