Sunday, September 30, 2007

Day 10 At sea


What a day! What a day! Spectacular is the word that comes to mind. All past weather woes were forgotten as I sat and bronzed for 8 hours today. It was spectacular because of the scientific data gathered today. As many of you don’t probably know, I am one of the few people outside NASA to have a Bronzamatic Pro 5000. The Bronzamatic Pro 5000 was developed by NASA to study the effects of the sun on human skin to support their deep space probe plans. As a world renowned Tanologist they were kind to present me with one of their top of the line instruments to support my own studies in Tanology. Our efforts dovetail in many ways although I am not directly funded. Anyway, when I took a color reading today I was amazed that I had achieved a number of 3.1875. While it certainly doesn’t come close to the record set by Fred Smedlap in 1982 outside a motor home in Death Valley, it still could be a record for this longitude. Anyway Mr. Smedlap’s record does have an asterisk next to it since he actually died at some point while setting the record. Pooling of the blood after death could have affected the results… anyway I digress…. Next, I took a reading of the drying and hardening of the skin and recorded a number of 17.89 which again is pretty spectacular as many of you know. Gucci leather is only 1.32 points away and beef jerky 4.75….pretty impressive. If I have many more days like this I could be confused with an oversized shoe leather satchel. Enough of the scientific stuff…. Now time for a commercial…. People come up to me all the time and ask “Jeff, what is it that you use to get such a great tan?’ I reply with 2 words “Banana Boat!”. Banana Boat carries products that cover the full spectrum of tanning needs. Sun Protection for Moles all the way thru professional products. I prefer two products in particular. First of all I like what I call power oil which doesn’t offer the slightest protection. It can turn a normal light skinned person into a 3rd degree burn victim in less than 9.34 minutes. Then there is the Sports Stick with SPF 30 that I use on my lips… I think there may be just a hint of saddle soap in the mixture to keep my lips nice and supple like a fine piece of leather. My sister Lisa works with Banana Boat products so I am sure she appreciates my endorsement of their product line.
Today was really enjoyable. Tomorrow, Japan, the land of the rising sun.... Hummmmm…Sun, sounds great.
I also talked with the restaurant, Thomas Grindlay, and told him how impressed I was with the food. I told him that as good as it was on the world voyage that it may even be better now. He wasn’t surprised by that statement because as he explained we have a new chef, Bernie P. Ruis, who has done World Voyages in the past and by inference is a better chef…. Cool. Our Port Lecturer, Frank Buckingham, is miles ahead of the woman we had on the world voyage. Plus she could be a bit rude and snippy with guests… That doesn’t go over too well as you can imagine. Anyway his depth and breath of information is quite impressive.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Fred really gets around.
Your looking a little pale dude haha
Bear

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Banana Boat endorsement - looking for another shipment?
PS - the bunny took over today - perhaps I can throw in a few batteries now.

Your loving sister,

Anonymous said...

So does getting in two bonus days in one sitting get back the day you lost?

Bill & Mary Ann said...

Hi Jeff,

We are glad to hear that you have Frank B. as the port lecturer. We had him on the 05 world cruise, and he was terrific.

By the way, the secret spot still looks secret!