Monday, September 24, 2007

Day 4 At sea


I decided to do a midday blog update today since I had to take a break from my bronzing activities. Yes, that’s right ....... bronzing! I started to reluctantly put on my warm clothes when I noticed that the sun popped. How exciting! I put on the bathing suit, tank top & hat (color coordinated of course) and went up top. The wind was still strong and swirling so it was impossible to get behind a windbreak. That turned out to be good news however, because as we all know the best tans are those acquired when in a goose bump state. That expanded skin area does wonders for a tan. It did start to warm as the day went on. The first indication I had was when the icicle on my right big toe fell off….what a relief that was! I couldn't claim an official Bonus Day yet since the rules set up by Allan on the World Voyage say that 4 hours are required for an official Bonus Day. As of my break time I only had three hours of sun. I am now hoping that the overcast skies clear once again so I can log and official Bonus Day….it’s a very cruel thing to fall just shy of an official day. My spirits have certainly soared and I am sure that Whitey can breathe a sigh of relief that I won’t be joining the likes of him and other color challenged people. More later…..
The Captain just made his 1:00 announcements and had cheery news... we are graduating from a Force 6 wind to a Force & (near gale). Just a bigger challenge. Tomorrow morning around 0900 we pass through the Aleutians into the Bering Sea....could be exciting! I hope there is a photo op. By the way, we have gained an hour the last two nights and I am now 5 hours behind the East Coast of the US.
I have given up the sun for the day or the sun gave up on me. In either case, no bonus day but certainly a better day than yesterday....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to wonder about all the people that saw you trying to get in a "bonus" day, snapped your picture and will be showing it to their friends and telling stories that go something like this:

You should've seen this guy, it was like 30 degrees outside, wind blowing like a s.o.b. and he's out there in his swim trunks working on a tan...........

Jeff Farschman said...

Nobody took a photo of me because there wasn't a single soul out there. I took the photo with a timer. Now when I walked inside with my suit and tank top.... I did get eye balled pretty good from the other guests.

Anonymous said...

You can tell everybody the truth that the picture was from another cruise haha

Anonymous said...

Gonna be a good boy and not touch this statement!
"I did get eye balled pretty good from the other guests."

Bill & Mary Ann said...

Howdy Jeff,

Your secret spot seems to remain a secret! Keep up the good work!

By the way, who is the captain and hotel manager?

Anonymous said...

Bernice misses your phone calls already!!! Her days are not complete anymore!!!