Thursday, September 20, 2007

Seattle













I had a tremendous day today. First thing this morning I went over to the Holland America headquarters and met a number of the staff members.... it was fabulous. I even had the opportunity to meet Stein Kruse the President and CEO of Holland America. It was very kind of him and his staff to give me such a warm welcome. It was a very, very nice visit. They are a great bunch! Special thanks to Mookie, the sales rep that my friend/travel agent Patty works with for setting everything up. He has been a tremendous help, it was very nice meeting him. I really am getting excited about my voyage now, tomorrow should be exhilarating.


After going back to the hotel, I decided to venture out and explore Seattle a little bit. I walked down the waterfront to the Aquarium and then climbed up to the public markets which are very interesting. I then decided to take the monorail to the Space Needle. The ride on the monorail was nice and it only has one stop, the Space Needle. I went to the top and absolutely loved the view. It was a little overcast but not too bad. After spending time there I decided to go back to the markets and ramble back to the hotel. All in all.... a great day!


I am pretty tired after my short night sleep last night. I can't afford to take a nap, I'll just gut it out a while and get a good nights sleep tonight. Tomorrow the adventure begins......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you at least participate in a fish toss while at the market before heading back to the hotel?

Jeff Farschman said...

Participate? No! Watch, yes...very cool

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,

Happy to see that you are on your way. Now I can sit back and enjoy 'our trip' {hee-hee}. Love the Seattle pics and I'm glad you threw a couple of yourself in there. You look great!

Bon Voyage
Roma

Anonymous said...

Well Jeff the ship is waiting for you..
http://www.spaceneedle.com/webcam/
Under Seattle waterfront

Jeff Farschman said...

Only problem is that the ship you see is Celebrity....I'm a Holland America guy!

Bill & Mary Ann said...

Howdy Jeff,

Great story so far. Thanks for taking us along!

Bill & Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

Christ I would take any ship at sea.
Princess even?