Sunday, September 30, 2007

Upcoming plans for Aomori, Japan


Hirosaki, the Castle Town
Duration
Approximately 7 hours
Description
Drive 25 miles along National Highway Route 7 from Aomori to Hirosaki city, symbolized by its castle, cherry blossoms, and apples, situated in the southern part of the Tsugaru plain. Visit Hirosaki Park, the location of Hirosaki castle, and one of Japan's most famous cherry blossom spots (usually flowering at the end of April and beginning of May). The next visit to (Tsugaruhan Neputa Mura) allows visitors to follow a circuit through several sections, devoted to different topics.
Lunch will be served at a local restaurant, then you'll head to the Zenringai area, where 33 Zen temples stand quietly and one can experience the atmosphere of this former Samurai town. You will visit Saishoin Temple with its 300-year-old five-story pagoda before transfering back to the ship.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing ... sounds like a great day. Just curious.... will you be booking all you excursions via the ship or will you try other outfitters?

Roma

Anonymous said...

Hey Guy!

Just got back from my TA. Fun trip but very, very rough crossing.
We saw some great plays in London and met up with my friends Colin and Margaret.

Other than that, JoAn lost her passport in London and had to catch up with us 3 days later in Dublin, Terri lost her IPod and noise canceling headphones and I lost a camera. As you can tell, if it wasn't for bad luck, we would have had none.

Just talking to Earl. He's in Va.
I think he's finaly got the house there under control. He and Ryan say 'hi'.

Next week I will be up to my ears in home 'projects'. I should never stay home. It costs me too much money!

Miss you but glad you are having a ball! Email if you get the chance.
I'm here until I go to Baltimore for Thanksgiving with Earl then on the Grandeur for repo.

BTW, I spent quite a bit of time on C with our CD friend. He's doing well, off the ship from Oct 28th to Jan 18th. Natalie is filling in.

G