Thursday, September 20, 2007

On my way..... finally!

After what seemed to be an endless wait I was finally on my way to Seattle Wednesday. I buttoned up the house, said a bunch of goodbyes and was off to the airport. It was not a day that I looked forward to because of the very long flight to Seattle. I'm not a big fan of flying anymore (that's why I cruise) especially long flights. The flights went pretty well and I sat next to a couple of delightful people that helped make the trip more pleasant. I arrived in Seattle on time and after a very long wait for luggage went to my hotel. I was getting pretty nervous waiting for luggage because I live with the constant fear of arriving at the ship without my luggage and as luck would have it my two bags were the last to arrive. I was really sweating it! It was nice to arrive at the hotel because I was very tired (1:45 am eastern). Now I sit here babbling away after waking up at 0330 in the morning another helpless victim of a 3 hour time change. At least when we are cruising we only change the time an hour at a pop which is much easier to adjust to, at least for me. I am finally getting a bit excited about embarking on my mega voyage. My friends have been continuously asking me "Are you getting excited?" and I would always reply with a "No". I guess that is because there are three things I really hate about cruising; getting there, muster drill and returning home. Now that I have at least gotten the flights out of the way for this phase of the adventure I can now relax a little bit and start getting excited. I'm going to Holland America's Headquarters in a few hours....should be interesting. I just hope I don't fall asleep while I'm there....I definitely need more sleep. I think I'll try that now.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Jeff - hope you've gotten some sleep! Changing my browswer to open to your blog so I can start my day reading about your journey first thing. It's so much more exciting than taking the dog for a walk.

Anonymous said...

Jeff-
It doesn't matter if you're not excited yet...all of your followers are excited for you! Hope you get some rest between today and tomorrow. Take it easy.

Terry

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Call Jeff and sorry I missed it. You have a wonderful trip and I thought the thing you hatest the most about cruising was saying goodbye to new friends. LMAO.
Just checked your weather out there and high of 61 with rain sounds lovely. Gee even in Toronto it's 75 and sunny. But Friday has a better forecast. Partly Sunny and high of 64. Guess at sailaway you will be wearing that one coat you own?
Think of all your friends out here Jeff and I did ceck our intinerary and no we do not cross paths. That would have been great as to show up your tan. Or lack of it.
Enjoy bud.