Saturday, September 29, 2007

Day 9 At Sea


Well I got half my wish today…. Lots of sun and unfortunately lots of wind as well (Force 6). I was able to have a pretty nice (but lightly chilly) day outside. I got a fair amount of sun…. nicely bronzing! Tomorrow, hopefully, as we get further south the weather will continue to warm. Only one more day until we get to Japan….very exciting! We are currently 8 hours behind the East coast (forget about the different day) and are supposed to gain 2 more hours tonight. I am so rested it is ridiculous. The trip back could be brutal since we will lose all these hours as we head back to San Diego. Tonight is the Black & White Ball, makes choosing colors pretty easy. After tomorrow it will get pretty exciting and very busy as we hit Japan and then China…. Good thing I rested up in advance. I can’t tell you how nice yesterday was…. not only was it great to visit Russia but it was great to just go ashore and see new things. I still can’t get over how blue the dog’s eyes were… Today I am sailing southwest past the Kuril Islands on my way to Japan and just enjoying life……
Above is a photo of my tablemates (minus one..... she doesn't do formal generally) on the Black & White theme night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How dashing you and your tablemates looked! Oh how I wish I could have gotten to you a very special "western" formal tie for just such an occassion before you left. Just didn't have enough time to do everything I needed to do before heding back home and help out with my folks. I'll have to send it to you in the spring for your next cruise.