Saturday, September 15, 2007

Getting close.....

Well, it's Saturday night and I am in Virginia at my home making the final preparations for my Mega Voyage. There are so many things to consider when you go away for such a long period of time and visit such diverse countries and climates. Packing certainly is a chore... I am well on my way...pretty much done. I sent off three suitcases with International Port Services yesterday. The idea is that the next time I see my suitcases will be in my cabin on the ms Amsterdam.... that's the theory anyway. I'll check two more suitcases on my flight to Seattle and carry on a garment bag and a "personal item" with more electronics than you could imagine. It's tough being a bit of a techno-geek and traveling. All the bills are set up for automatic payment, someone is set up to take care of the house, yard and mail and other than that, I shut the place down....Oh yeah! almost forgot... my neighbor will start up my car and drive it once in a while. I fly to Seattle on Wednesday and sail Friday. It's good to go a bit early since the airlines don't seem to care much about you or your luggage. I am going to visit the Headquarters of Holland America while I am in Seattle...should be fun. I'm taking the photo books I published for them to see while I'm there. I'm looking forward to seeing a couple of folks there because they have been very helpful in pulling this trip together. Well, back to the grind, only 4 days left...... By the way, my sister Lisa may be helping me out on posting some of my blog entries and photos for me.... much thanks to her and if you see any typos or problems with the posts I'll be happy to speak to her about the quality of her work.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sincerly wish for you a safe and wunderful trip. It sounds like a grate adventure!

Your loving sister

Anonymous said...

Bon voyage! Look forward to travelling with you :)

Anonymous said...

Jeff-

Have a great trip...be safe and stay well. Will keep in touch via the comment section throughout this voyage. Take care...enjoy!

Terry
P.S. I see from the comment that Lisa has the same warped sense of humor that you have.

Anonymous said...

Jaff

I dont no yor sistur but I lik her stil.

Loking fourword 2 reeding abot yor voage.

Anonymous said...

to our dear friend. We will be following \you every day on this adventure,and counting down till we join you on the 4th Jan. Dont drink all the coca cola on board! Love Sas and Allan

Anonymous said...

Jeff:

Wish you only the best on this trip - Am sure it's going to be wonderful - Can't wait to see your posts from all of the beautiful locations you're going to visit.

By the time you get back, you can come up to Ocean City and help me open up the house for Summer '08.....

Anonymous said...

Jeff,
We wish you a wonderful trip! I hope that every minute of the planning is worth it. Just think how easy it will be next time now that we've done it once!Hold a spot open for the Mayor in Moleville in hopes that we can join you on part of your voyage.We will be following you every day.Bon Voyage!