Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Day 6 Crossing the International Dateline




Well, I lost Wednesday September 26th…… We crossed the International Dateline and it is now Thursday the 27th of September. We are no longer behind East Coast time but 18 hours ahead. The weather, as you can see from the photos, is certainly not optimal. Great weather for Polar Bears perhaps…. I have to say, despite the crappy weather, the cruise has been great. The staff on board, as is the case for all Holland America ships, is fantastic. The food has been absolutely first rate. I think it is as good as the great food we had on the World Voyage. My cabin is perfect for me, a little noisy from below occasionally, but they are addressing that. From the very start of the planning process, the service has been superb. I definitely am a big fan of Holland America. Although I sailed 48 Celebrity cruises in just over a two year period, the people at their headquarters clearly showed they did not value me as a loyal customer. Holland America on the other hand has been just the opposite; they have truly made me feel that I was important to them and a part of the “family” even though I am a long way from one of their top Mariners.
Tomorrow is our last day at sea before we get to Petropavlovsk, Russia…..thank heaven. I’m hanging on until we hit some warmer weather…. Tokyo was in the high 70s…. sounds great!

4 comments:

Bill & Mary Ann said...

Hi Jeff,

By the way, when we were in Petropavlovsk in 2002, we took a tour that went up to the volcano in a 4-wheel drive tundra vehicle. It was a "hoot"! You would like it.

CINGULARONE said...

Weather is here, wish you were beautiful.....

Hope all is well-

Dennis

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,

I can't imagine what it must feel like to lose an entire day :) The weather looks envigorating but not on deck.... what sort of ship activities do they have on such sea days?

Roma

Anonymous said...

Activities on board...
I would imagine on days like that Jeff would spend most of the hours in gym?
Jeff what are the demographics the ship?
Russian Diet Coke?
Enjoy and the weather is coming and you can get back at all of us.
Mind you it's never bad in Canada! Eh?