Monday, October 15, 2007

Day 23 Xi'an










I arrived in Xi’an very late last night…. I got about 5 hours of sleep but I am ready to go. First stop this morning was the Wild Goose Pagoda. It was a lovely place basically dedicated to Xuan Zang, the person largely responsible for bringing Buddhist scriptures from India to China. I just love the name of the place....
It was a very nice visit but I was very antsy to get to the Terra Cotta Warriors, my main reason for flying all the way to Xi’an. Once we got to the Terra Cotta Warriors museum I was pretty excited. China’s first Emperor, Qin Shihuang built these thousands of life sized warriors for his protection after death…. Each one is different, one even looks like my buddy. There are three pits housed in separate buildings. The one with the most restored warriors is pit one. Pit 2 is the largest but largely incomplete in terms of excavation. Amazing visit! (photos below)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It must have been the good looking warrior hahaha
Great pictures