Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Day 33 Singapore





































I felt pretty lucky today. Part of my day was going to be lunch at the Raffles Hotel (Five Star and very historic) and I was going to be required to be dressed just a little better than my normal excursion attire (smart casual). The lucky part came in from the weather being overcast for most of the day. I’ll bet you never thought you’d here me celebrate overcast weather. It is so hot here because we are almost sitting on the equator that if it had been sunny I would have been just a pile of sweat. The tour was good…. First went to a tea house for tea ceremonies and then we visited a Buddhist Temple in China town (and a Hindu Temple). It was a nice visit and we got to walk the streets and look into the shops. Next it was off to the historic Raffles Hotel which is 120 years old. This is where the Singapore Sling was first created (for you drinking folk). First we went to the Long Bar for Singapore Slings (mine was virgin) and then we went to the Royal China at Raffles restaurant where we must have had a 9 course (I lost count) lunch. It was great. After lunch we went to Little India and finally up to Mount Faber (315 feet in elevation) for some lofty views of the city. It was a great day (except for lifeboat drill which we just completed) Tomorrow is a day at sea as we sail along to Semarang Indonesia.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My that looks like a very strange Diet Coke.