Friday, October 26, 2007

Borobudur, Indonesia














Last February, when I first visited Borobudur, I talked about how amazing this ninth century Buddhist monument was and how massive its structure. It is composed of six square platforms topped by three circular platforms and decorated with 2,672 bas relief panels and 504 Buddha statues. It is topped with the main dome or stupa. The main stupa is surrounded by 72 Buddha statues…. Amazing. Fantastic trip and….. some more great photos of a top notch UNESCO World Heritage Site. Oh yeah, almost forgot…. It was extremely humid…. Sweated like a pig…. I hate to be fully dressed in oppressive heat. That’s bathing suit weather….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,
Randy and I had dinner with Nick last night. Randy told me about your blog, and I asked him to send me the link. WOW WOW WOW...what a trip! Great pictures and what an awesome experience to see so much of the world and its people. Hope you stay well and the rest of the trip is just as great as the part so far.
Natalie