Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Day 40 Darwin, Australia
















Today was a really nice day overall. I went into Darwin after we cleared immigration and wandered around a bit. I saw a number of Aboriginals walking about…. Interesting people! I did some shopping and looked at some of the local sites. It was brutally hot. After walking back to the ship I went to the pool for a couple of hours before my shore excursion. After showering again I headed out for my jumping crocodile cruise. This turned out to be a really nice tour. The cruise was great and we really got some up close looks at jumping crocs. Also, the local birds were great to catch a few really nice photos. We then went to the Wetlands Center to look at the exhibits and local scenery. Finally, we went to a local Aussie Bush Pub, the Humpty Doo. Talk about local color…. These guys looked like central casting for the next Crocodile Dundee movie. The most bizarre, but nice, thing all day was I ended up with the same guide and driver that I had touring Litchfield Park on the World Voyage…. Small world…. Next, 3 days at sea on our way to Cairns Australia and the Great Barrier Reef.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, Great jumping croc photos.

Lynn & Buddy