Saturday, October 20, 2007

Day 29 Hong Kong


























































What a difference a day makes…. Holland America failed to deliver yesterday and today was great. First we went to the top of Victoria Peak on the funicular railway. It is such a great view of Victoria Harbor and Hong Kong from up there. If it weren’t for the smog or haze that comes from mainland China the view would be really spectacular. I took a lot of photos from the top and think I got a bunch of pretty good ones. Next we were off to Repulse Bay named after a British Naval ship that came there many years ago to fight off the pirates. The beaches there are really pretty. Because of a shark problem the entire beach is enclosed with shark nets that go all the way to the bottom. All we seen is a ring of yellow buoys. It is a very pretty place. Finally we were off to Aberdeen (named for the early Scottish settlers) to go for a Sampan ride and check out all the junks and sampans where many fisherman’s families live aboard. This place was awesome…. Great photos! The ride on the Sampan was terrific…. Then it was off to the ship. It was a really beautiful day so I decided that some Hong Kong rays were in order. I headed for the pool and enjoyed the hot sunny weather. Tonight I will checkout the laser light show that occurs every night at 8:00. I have always been occupied elsewhere while the show was on so I’ve never seen it. It should be good. Maybe I can get a photo…. Tomorrow is a day at sea, hope the weather is great. Actually, we have three days at sea in a row… time for bronzing.










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have 3 days of bronzing time as well. You look a little faded in this last picture. If your tan were a crayon color I wonder what name Crayola would give you....

Maybe HA can run a contest.

Anonymous said...

Was that 'YOU' I saw on one of those fishing boats?????

By the way, I meant to tell you earlier that your time spent crossing the Bering Sea had no impact on the bronze god from what I could see, but Holly brought up a good question regarding 'Crayola's' name for the color.......perhaps "Golden Brown"?????

The pics are just incredible.......Jim

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that there needs to be one for the color he aspires to be, but also one for when he's not cruising. Maybe the Farschman Fade?