Monday, October 15, 2007

Day 24 Xi'an to Shanghai, People's Republic of China


















I was picked up at 0700 this morning from my hotel in Xi’an and taken to the airport for my flight to Shanghai. The flight went well and we arrived a few minutes early at around 11:00. I was met by my new guide and driver and we headed out for a tour of Shanghai before returning to the ms Amsterdam. First we went to the Bund which is an area along the banks of the Huangpu River. This was a very scenic spot watching the traffic along the river and especially shooting across the river at the Pudong area where the beautiful Pearl TV Tower is located. The river traffic is also amazing…. It is non stop. I have never seen a river with such a constant flow of ships sailing by. Next we went for lunch in the Bund…. Very nice. Next we were off to the old city of Shanghai. I just love the old Chinese architecture. This place was great with lots of shops. I particularly liked the Nine-curve bridge and the Mid-Lake Pavilion. Also located in the Old Town was the Yuyuan Garden which was just magnificent! At this point I was ready to head back to the ship and call a end to the adventure. It was nice to get back. The only thing I didn’t look forward to was catching up on the blog…..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. Not much more to say. Just; wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow......