Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Day 104 Cozumel... At Sea







What a difference a day makes. This morning we arrived in Cozumel with high winds, waves and overcast skies (some sun). As I predicted, we sailed on, skipping Cozumel. That was the good news….. It went downhill from there. We are in heavy seas and very high winds. The Captain said something about 70 kt winds, great!!!!! This reminds me of the start of my journey as we crossed the Bering Sea. While there is actually sun from time to time, the tan would be ripped off your body by the wind if you went out. I incurred and injury to my right hand this morning and have a big bandage on it. I basically ripped a chunk of skin off a couple of places on the back of my hand. It’s pretty funny how it happened…… putting a lounge chair back together. There is some symmetry in that….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew the answer prior to reading the last part.
Now beware of tan lines. Oh god Jeff. Nice seas and newbies chucking. Not pleasant.

Nice spot for news years Jeff.
Search and rescue outside our place yesterday looking for two lost men. Snowmobilers never came home. 2 sleds missing and in blinding snow why bother when open water is nearby. Bad news.
Hey I would rather have your problem and reminds me of my injury when sailing with you. Lounge chair accident as well. LMAO.

Anonymous said...

Should the new color be "bare bones blood"?