Friday, January 11, 2008

Day 113 At Sea




Today is the first of 8 consecutive days at sea…. We have to travel 3832 nautical miles to get to our next port, Nuku Hiva, Marquesas. It was a beautiful day at sea. As you sail along you feel really insignificant where as far as you can see in all directions is ocean and blue sky, nothing else. I appreciate the concern expressed by a number of friends suggesting that perhaps I am getting a bit pale. I can assure you that I have been spending quality time in the sun every day….. Just because I’m not at a beach doesn’t mean I disappeared in a mole hole. Thanks for you concern. Today is a very special day! A very, very special young man, Sean, Sandra’s & Allan’s grandson has a birthday. Happy 8th birthday Sean!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

Way to make a grown woman cry! Thanks for the birthday wishes for Sean...he is a special little soul who has been through so much and teaches all to be thankful every day.

Happy sea days!

Dani

Anonymous said...

Jeff only one question this evening...
Did you eat that beautiful cake prior to the picture being taken?

Just curious!

Brett said...

Thanks for spending so much time on your blog,. My parents are on this cruise, so I follow along with them through your BLOG. Thanks Brett Alexander