Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Day 111 Panama Canal, Fuerte Amador

























































Today we were truly blessed to have nice, fairly pleasant weather for our transit. We entered the canal around 0500 and the Gatun Locks about 0630. Even though I have done this many times it still is interesting to me. We continued straight through the Gatun Locks, passing under the Centennial Bridge, the Pedro Miguel Locks, the Mira Flores Locks and finally passing under the Bridge of the Americas. We were pretty much out by 4:00 this afternoon. We are supposed to be at anchor at Amador at 8:00 this evening. Allan, Sandra & I are going to eat at the Barbeque they are having this evening by the Lido pool and going ashore probably around 8:30.... Another fabulous day!










7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Evening Jeff, Barbara and I cruised with you on the 64 Day out of Seattle. We were members of Cruise Critic with Dianne Cooper and Sally Waitt. Thank you for your posts and your beautiful pictures.

Anonymous said...

I see you have been busy?
All lounges look good put back together.

Anonymous said...

I see you have been busy?
All lounges look good put back together.

Anonymous said...

See what the cold does Jeff:
Creates a stutter!

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for the great pict,and The stories of your cruises. I lost your email adderss.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,
Watched you transit the Miraflores locks via the Canal's webcam. Glad the weather held as it was raining at Gatun in the afternoon.
Great pictures and I'm looking forward to New Zealand.
BVH- Groton, CT

Stephanie said...

Hey Jeff-

I met you briefly in NYC at the end of the last world cruise. I was with Ryan McClune and we were leaving the boat when we saw you in the corridor and chatted for a second. My mother (BVH in the previous comment) and I have been enjoying your blogs for your cruises. Just wanted to let you know that I took some screen grabs from the Panama Canal webcam for both world cruises so you can have a different perspective of your voyage. Happy rest of your trip!

Stephanie (Washington, DC-ish)

screenshots are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/joekerstef/sets/72157594488518817/