Friday, January 18, 2008

Day120 At Sea


The last of our 8 consecutive sea days in many respects was the best. The weather once again was perfect (a bit of a scorcher) with more of a breeze than yesterday and the seas calm. The best part was the absolutely fabulous response by the Hotel Manager, Henk Mensink and the Captain, Edward Van Zanne regarding the deck chairs. I wasn’t totally clear on the true nature of the problems in the past but once it was clear, prompt action was taken. We will have much, much better chairs on the aft deck. See the happy camper in one of the new chairs…. We are talking major celebration. I thank everyone involved who had a hand in improving a less than optimal situation. This certainly is the kind of response to customer issues that makes Holland America rise above the rest. Great job & a great day!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff:


I must say...you look like a happy camper with a new toy sitting in that chair!!

My only question is, where have those new chairs been for the last 8 days at sea? Oh, must have been flown in!

Anonymous said...

Personally I'm wondering where they've been for the past 119 days!!!

Anonymous said...

I am upset that I just found your blog. Now I have 120 post to read today to get caught up.

Lisa said...

Yeah!

I'm glad they finally listened to you - Henk is one of the best and I hope the next 100 days are made even better by the new deck chairs!

Anonymous said...

Thank you to all at Holland America for making our friend and my client happy at last! Amazing what a few new deck chairs can do.