Friday, January 4, 2008

Day 106 Ft. Lauderdale, The World Voyage begins....




Well the long awaited World Voyage 2008 is finally here. How exciting! This is the Golden Anniversary Odyssey, celebrating 50 years of Holland America World Voyages. It was going to be so nice to see Sandra & Allan again. This voyage should be really amazing. I left the ship this morning around 0900, went through Customs & Immigration and went on my way. I took a taxi to the Post Office near where Allan & Sandra were staying. The plan was to mail a few things home and then hook up with them. Can you believe it, the Post Office didn’t open until 10:00…. Never seen such a thing. Fortunately there was a FedEx place very near. I hooked up with Allan & Sandra and it was a great reunion. We arrived back at the ship around 11:00 and boarded around 11:30. The rest of the day was spent catching up and seeing old friends (both crew & guests) from the 2007 World Voyage. What a great day. The long awaited adventure finally begins. There are amazing things out there to be seen and explored…. On my way……

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, Have a wonderful Grand Voyage. Sandra and Alan look wonderful - and so happy. Please give them my love.

Lynn

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

Great photo of my folks! Keep em coming and I will feel like I am going on this great adventure with you all.

I am on the mend (in case you heard the Benson worries) and look forward to hearing more about each place you visit.

Bon Voyage,

Dani

Unknown said...

Mr. TanMan:
Happy Sailing... great to meet you personally, the 2007 photos are fabulous... have a great time will check in regularly ... Love to Sas and Al from us...I heard that the champagne and choco cookies are slowly running very low:)

The Lott Sisters (without a Tan)
Ft. Liquordale, Fl