Saturday, February 2, 2008

Day 134 Rotorua to Queenstown....




We arrived this morning at the Rotorua airport at around 0815, had a smooth checkin and departed right on time at 0915. Along the way I caught a neat shot of a volcano form the cabin window. I also got a fantastic shot of the southern alps and Mount Cook. We made a quick stop in Christchurch and left again for Queenstown. We arrived in Queenstown and went immediately to catch the gondolas to the top of Bob’s Peak for lunch. What a great view of the Remarkables (Mountain Range), Queenstown and Lake Wakatipu. I also caught a preview of the TSS Earnslaw, the steam ship we would take later in the day to Walter Peak Station for dinner and sheep demonstrations. The TSS Earnslaw is pretty amazing because it was built in 1912. That’s older than my best friend Randy…. Anyway, lunch and the views were magnificent. After lunch we checked into the hotel and I went out for more photos. At 5:30 we headed down to the dock to catch the TSS Earnslaw and we had a memorable cruise and fantastic dinner. The views, once again, were amazing. Since I’m on the road so to speak and pushed for time…. I made add to the overland posts once I’m aboard ship, just be aware.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow. Simply fantastic.