Saturday, February 16, 2008

Day 148 Perth, Western Australia








































































































Perth was a beautiful city as far as I could see. A lot of what I saw was from a distance and what I saw was impressive. After we left Yanchep national Park we went to Lake Monger where there were countless birds… most impressive were the regal black swans. From across the Lake there were some nice views of the Perth skyline. Next we went to King’s Park where from the top of Mt Eliza we saw the War Memorial which was impressive. Here we had a glorious view of Perth and the Swan River. I also took a stroll through the Botanic Gardens…. Beautiful. From there went down to the edge of the Swan River for some more views and refreshments. It was a very nice overview of Perth, enough to know that I’d like to return….

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Jeff,

Am loving your photos. We have just returned from a week's trip away - halfway between Sydney and Melbourne - on our East coast. I have just been catching up and saw your lovely photos of Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.

You certainly walked a lot when you visited our city. I hope you enjoyed your day here and that you were able to get a bit of an oversight on how we live here.

Jennie