Friday, February 22, 2008

Day 154 At Sea







Well I feel as if we are back on track. Today was sizzling!…. We crossed the Equator again around 5:00 today and are back in the Northern Hemisphere. I really sucked up the sun today. It was magnificent! To top it off, we are going to have a great night tonight (I hope!) . Tonight is a special night for the Holland American Mariners. It is appreciation night which includes a cocktail party, award ceremony for Mariners who have achieved certain milestones like 100, 300, 500, 700 or 1400 days. I received a medallion for 300 days, on the last World Voyage I received my 100 day medallion…. My how time flies! We also have the Captain’s Dinner celebrating our Golden Anniversary Odyssey. Up to this point this voyage has not seemed a “special” celebration for the Golden Anniversary…. Maybe from this point forward that will change….. we’ll see! They really made a big deal of the 50th anniversary building up to this voyage and how it was going to be something really special… they haven’t delivered to this point (Day 49). It seems pretty much the same as last year…. perhaps not quite as good in some areas. I’m not quite sure what I expected but I did expect something special because of their marketing efforts. Color me confused…..


A little update.... The Mariner party was fabulous. Got a shot of Allan & Sandra receiving their Gold Medalion (500 days). Dinner was just amazing... I'm also posting a picture of us with the Capatain and his wife Apollonia.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang that's a lot of days to be soaking up rays. So with that many days under your belts so to speak, does the Captain ever let you drive, or at least let you dock the boat?

LOL!

Anonymous said...

Looking Great guys! 300 and 500 days...good lord you must feel strange on land...

xoxo

Dani

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's my computer or your(I mean that collectively)good bronzing action, but I could barely see who was in the photos. They were so dark, I had to enlarge it to see who was in each photo.If it hadn't been for the captain's white jacket and Sandra's beautiful white hair it would have been black!!!