Saturday, February 16, 2008

Fremantle, Western Australia























































































































After my shore excursion the Yanchep National Park and Perth we arrived back into Fremantle. Instead of going back to the ship I decided to tour Fremantle. It is a lovely city. The architecture is just amazing. The Round House up on the hill where prisoners were once kept is interesting maybe because it really isn’t round but 12 sided…. I loved the Town Hall with it’s spire. The markets were vibrant and colorful. The city as a whole was very quaint with it’s architecture dating back to the 1800s and with it’s seaside Esplanade…. lovely

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pics of the fishing boats. LOVE the color in all the birds. Looks like you did have a very long, interesting day.

Anonymous said...

Paul gets around!

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

I LOVE the picture of the older guy in the hat...in fact, all the pictures of people have moved me.

I think there may be a book in that - "A Journey of Faces" or "The Face Of The World".

I know I keep saying it, but your photography is fantastic - really compelling stuff.

Dani