Friday, November 2, 2007

Day 42 At Sea






What a difference a day makes…. It was a beautiful day, even the air was clear. We sailed east today thru the Arafura Sea and into the Torres Strait between Papua New Guinea on our way to Cairns. We had taken on an Australian Reef Pilot to help us navigate the treacherous reefs. We pasted a number of islands including the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday Islands named my Captain Bligh for the days they were explored for food and water. The first island we passed was Boobie Island where the pilots are dispached from to guide the ships. It was a picture perfect day for me…. A sizzler! Tonight we have another formal night. I kind of like this format where there are only two classes of dress Formal and Smart Casual. A number of people still dress Informal on Casual nights but not me. The World Voyage portion of my trip will go back to the three classes of dress…. Bummer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK OK I will be the one to bite....

"Boobie Island" was named after?


See always there for historical info from Jeff!

Lokks Great Jeff and Tommy's getting a work out?

Jeff Farschman said...

My guess is the bird.....

Anonymous said...

My fantasy of those coming ashore with all the natives rushing down to greet has just been burst!