Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Day 54 Apia, Samoa



































































I had a tremendous day today. At the last minute I decided that I couldn’t handle a ship’s tour today so I gave my ticket to someone else. I negotiated a deal for a private tour with a taxi driver and set out to explore Samoa. I saw one of the most beautiful islands I have seen. It is so lush with vegetation and so many flowers…. Magnificent. I also saw nice shoreline and beaches including Saleafage Beach where my tour was going. Some of the most dramatic scenery were the three waterfalls I went to Falefa falls, Sopoaga falls and the grand daddy of them all Papapapaitai falls (close to 100 meters…). If you want beauty, Samoa is the place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MAGIC WORDS:

So many ***ship tours*** Jeff. Surprised it took this long to book independents. Probably where your going and also demographics of the ship. No nice Canadians on Board eh? Once you hit Caribbean it will be back to old Jeff again out doing his thing. What a tropical Island Jeff. People nice? Really in the middle of bloody nowhere also. Did the tracker and said hmmm NO neighbors!