Thursday, November 29, 2007

Day 70 Acapulco, Mexico

























































































































I had a fantastic day today in Acapulco Mexico! My friends from Holland, Rudy & Michelle, joined my for a trip to the Mirador Hotel to see La Quebrada, the Mexican Cliff Divers…. The divers leap from cliffs 135 feet up from the sea to water a depth of only 9 feet…. Really cool! I must tell you a funny story… In 2006 I went to see La Quebrada with my friend Gail and it was really great. The only disappointing thing was that trying to take photos with a digital camera (a good one at that) was really difficult. You see it was a point and shoot and you just can’t rapid fire too well. I could only get one photo per dive….bummer. I decided during that visit that I needed to get a top of the line SLR Digital camera if I was going to get great shots (especially with fast moving objects). That was the beginning of the process of getting my Nikon D200 with the 18-200mm lens…. Anyway, Rudy, Michelle & I had a great time, so good that we actually stayed for two shows. We managed to fill up the time in between shows with some food and drinks… It was a great experience. After returning to the ship I decided to go to the top deck and get some more sun (It is hotter than Hades here). My rash is slowly getting better. Most young children don’t run away in horror anymore. Tomorrow we arrive in Santa Cruz, Huatulco… a new stop for me… Exciting

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, Great cliff diver photos--twice the fun. The D-200 is keeping up with your skill. Lynn and I are enjoying vicariously cruising with you. Buddy

Anonymous said...

Yay ... you finally answered my photo equipment question. I find all your pictures amazing but the cliff divers are the best 'action' montage yet. Thanks for sharing and glad to hear your allergic reaction is recovering!

Roma :)

Jeff Farschman said...

Roma I'm glad you have your question answered. Most of my friends will email me if they have questions. I don't always respond to questions on the blog. Email me if you have a question in the future.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jeff but I don't have your email address and I don't seem to find it on your blog profile. Please send it along when you have a chance. Thanks.

Roma :)
rompar98 at aol dot com