Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 50 Noumea, New Caledonia















































































Today was just an amazing day. The weather was gorgeous, the beaches superb and the snorkeling fantastic! We left 0830 this morning headed for Amedee Lighthouse Island. My plan was for a day on the beach with lots of snorkeling. I had even hoped to see my old friend from my last visit… the venomous sea snake. Alas, I was not to be disappointed. On my last venture out for a snorkeling run I ran literally face to face with this guy. I about…… anyway when I recovered my senses (after that bad boy swam right under me) I managed to take a couple of shots. I’m still not sold on this new camera. I get bright spots on a lot of the underwater photos. Perhaps it’s from particulate matter in the water but the problem is pretty bad. Most of the photos are crap…. Anyway, I had a magnificent day….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I think your crappy photos are truly amazing. I'm betting others will agree.

Bill & Mary Ann said...

Yes, we agree with Holly. The photos are coming out great on our end! Hope to visit that snorkeling spot on the 2009 world cruise.