Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Day 69 Zihuatanejo, Mexico









































































































































I woke up this morning and much to my dismay my rash had just gotten worse…. Bummer. I decided that I would still go ashore and check out Zihuatanejo (what a great name). I caught a tender ashore and walked all over town, the beaches, the markets….. It was hotter than Hades. It would have been nice to go to the beach but at this point I was staying out of the sun for the most part. I had a great time seeing this fishing village again. I was here in 2006 and back then I also went to Ixtapa, the resort town nearby. This little fishing village has really grown over the years and is a destination for many who prefer it over the oceanfront resort town of Ixtapa. I stopped in a pharmacy while in town and picked up some liquid benadryl… I figured what the heck, it may help the prednisone the doctor prescribed. After a couple of hours it looked like I may be improving so when I got back to the ship I decided that the cure could be completed with a go dose of sun…. I went up to the pool deck and grabbed a few hours of hot, very hot sun…. I’m back (hopefully). We’ll see what tomorrow morning brings. Tomorrow, by the way we are in Acapulco… heading for the cliff divers! I’m going to go with Rudy & Michelle who stayed over from the Asia Voyage… It should be fun! I almost forgot, I only have 150 days left on the MegaVoyage..... time to panic? Not yet....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like some left over Thanksgiving turkeys in Mexico?

Hope you're feeling better......don't want you to become like me because you're staying out of the sun......

Anonymous said...

Ahh,Zihuatanejo... The Mayor wouldn't know, but that's the rest of the family's favorite stop on the Mexican Riviera.

Anonymous said...

As in 21 weeks left?
You had better get that rash looked after as you are heading into prime beach action Jeff.
Those pics are very similar in nature to the action on our lake right now. Only difference would be our fisherman just reach out and grab the ice from the water and clothes are just a touch heavier.
Enjoying your warmth. Thank you