Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Day 47 Sydney Australia









































As I have always said “If you set your expectations low enough you will never be disappointed”. Today was a perfect example of those pearls of wisdom (If I do say so myself). My expectations were for a totally washed out wasted day because of the forecasted rain….. It wasn’t even close to being that bad. Sure it was overcast and a little cooler than we are now used to but the day was fabulous! The bridge climb was magnificent…. Glad I did it again! I may do it again, you never know. The views from the bridge are just fabulous. After the climb and a well deserved diet coke at one of their historic pubs I decided to go back to the bridge and climb the Outlook Pylon for more scenic views. Then I decided to walk across the bridge (road level) and catch some more photos. Sydney is just a marvelous place to see and visit. Then it was off to check out the shops and the local scenery…. Great Day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And certainly great photos as well.

Question. Do we see your home away from home in a couple of the photos? Or is that a different ship?

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jeff! Great shots of a fabulous city. "Happiness is when reality exceeds expectations". I'd say you had a very happy day.

Cheers, Lynn

Jeff Farschman said...

That is indeed the ms Amsterdam, my home away from home in the background.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed climbing to the top - - I'm not a climber - - you saved me a trip - now I've seen the view - thank goodness!

The pics you've been posting are absolutely unbelievable - I think you're saving me money on future vacations Jeff - and I thank you for that!!!!!!!

More dinners at the 'Clam Bar' for us!!!!!!!

Jim

Lisa said...

Hi Jeff -

Okay, this is sort of "weird", but hey, you posted a blog, and now I'm responding!

I work for the advertising agency that does of all Holland America Line's advertising, and I have been following your blog since your last Grand Voyage. Don't worry - I am more fascinated with you and your adventures, then with "using" anything from you - I promise. I've worked on this account for six years, so anything cruising is pretty interesting to me (and, I just went on my FIRST cruise a month ago!)

I have so many, many questions for you. Should I post them here? Or is there an email address I can send them to? Hope you get some sunny sea days soon!

Cheers -
Lisa

Jeff Farschman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Got it - thanks much!
Email coming to you soon.