Monday, November 19, 2007

Day 60 Honolulu Hawaii




























































































I had a wonderful time today winging it all the way. I started out just waliking about for a little sightseeing and a few photos. I walked off the ship which was docked downtown right next to the historic Aloha Tower. I then walked to Iolani Palace and the statue of Kamehameha I. After strolling around a bit more I hooked a taxi to the International Market Place looking for some good bargains in Tank Tops….. then off to the beach. I entered Waikiki at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel beach entrance and walked all the way down to the Hilton Hawaiian Village. I settled in on the Ft DeRussy beach, the finest on Waikiki. It brought back many old memories of when my family moved to Hawaii in the late 50s and we spent our first nights at Ft. DeRussy…. The good old days… back when Waikiki was not built up like it is today and there were no high rises. It was a great time to be a kid living in Hawaii, a true paradise. After working on some nice bronzing I strolled through the shops at the Hilton Hawaiian Villages before heading back to downtown. Once I got back to the downtown area and the Aloha Tower I did some more shopping (I have to quit buying Tommy Bahama shirts). Then it was back to the ship, poolside to finish a great day. To finish off the day we had a troupe of young singers and Hawaiian Hula dancers come on the ship out by the pool and put on a fabulous show. Great Day!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats with no Hula Girl Pictures?
Your slipping Jeff.
Guess the reason you didn't ask for my size on Tommy shirts is that you guessed at it. Right?????

Anonymous said...

So very close yet so far. Gloria and I were on the Proide of Aloha for 44 days Oct. 10 - Nov. 25. Yes we were in Hawaii the same time in 2007.