Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Day 166 Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (Phu My)























What an amazing day! It started out really slow since I couldn’t get my passport when the ship cleared immigration at 0800…. Seems that HAL booted it somehow and left my name off the list. A couple of hours later I was really getting pissed off. I finally got off between 1030 and 1100…. I will address this further with HAL when I get back. Anyway, I was finally off to Ho Chi Minh City and ultimately to the airport. I did get to see the Emperor Jade Temple and one of the Cao Dai Temples. The Cao Dai Religion was founded in the 1920's by a Vietnamese Government official which combines the elements of Christianity, Buddhish, Confucianism, Taoism and Islam. It is so colorful and I loved the big eye over the alter... After zooming around Ho Chi Minh City for a bit I was off to the airport. The flight was on time and I arrived in Siem Reap around 4:30. I was supposed to go directly to the hotel but I convinced my guide and driver that it was a better idea to go directly to Angkor Wat before sunset. It was magnificent!!!! I have only had a taste but boy is it amazing…… I checked into my hotel, the Borei Ankgor Hotel, and it is fabulous. It is really beautiful, first rate. Stay tuned for an amazing photo safari though the temples of Angkor…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not just Angkor Wat that is amazing - this whole voyage has been.

LOVE the pic of what appears to be a sleeping shopkeeper. Are his wares that boring or just that day?