Thursday, March 13, 2008

Day 174 Kathmandu, Nepal





















My wakeup call this morning was just as annoying as I thought it would be…. I arrived at the Chennai airport at around 0530 and checked in for my 0646 flight to Delhi. That was the good part. My flight to Delhi was almost 3 hours long and then I had a 3 ½ hour layover. At around 3:00 this afternoon I finally arrived in Kathmandu….. Some are already calling me Yeti Man or Sherpa Boy but I have decided on the Abominable Tan Man…. Has a ring to it! After my arrival I got my Visa and hooked up with my guide and driver. We decided to switch things around in the itinerary a bit and go right to perhaps one of the top attractions right away, Swayambhunath. What an amazing temple….. The Stupa and the eyes of Buddha are quite dramatic….. Sometimes Swayambhunath is called the Monkey Temple…. Can you see why? I’m loving Nepal already….. Tomorrow morning, bright and early, I’m going on a flight to Mt Everest….. Let’s just hope the weather holds…. Should be quite dramatic! This hotel only has slow dialup…but.... it's 5 times faster than on the Amsterdam!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abominable Tan Man. Gonna have to run that by the Crayola folks. Not sure what they'll think.

Can not wait to see the Mt. Everest pics. Now if you can get one of you against the peak in your swim trunks.....

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos. Like Holly can't wait to see Mt Everest pics.(Especially the one of you in your swimtrunks with Mt Everest in the background) Thank God for digital cameras. Hope the weather holds out!.............

Anonymous said...

Did they roll up the sleeves to compare the tans?