Sunday, March 16, 2008

Day 177 Kathmandu




































































This morning was spent walking through the Indrachowk area of Kathmandu, the Courtyard of Indra, the Akash Bhairab temple and the Indrachowk main market area. We also saw the Mahaboudha Temple and the Naghal Tole area. It was just 3-4 hours of sensory overload before my flight back to India. My visit to Nepal was amazing… yesterday while coming back from Bhakatpur an explosive device went off nearby and that made me a bit nervous for a couple of moments but it didn’t take away from an amazing journey. The trip back to Mumbai was a huge pain because getting through the Delhi airport is perhaps the worse airport experience I can remember in a while. I took and earlier flight from Kathmandu to Delhi which gave me just over 3 hours to get to my connecting flight…. I barely made it. Travel tip…. If you are connecting through Delhi going from International to Domestic give yourself at least 3 ½ to 4 hours…..









Serious ship internet problems...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

Your photos inspire me to see these places and faces. I admire your adventure and hope you will consider publishing a book of your photos one day - the faces of the world are particularly touching to me.

I look forward to seeing more.

Dani

Anonymous said...

Dani,
I agree with your comment on the photos inspiring me to see these places.Last years book was great, I think this years will be amazing! And to Jeff, thanks for all the time(and money) you spend to take us on your amazing journey!