Thursday, March 20, 2008

Day 181 Salalah, Oman




























































































































Today was very nice…. The visit to Mirbat, the fishing village, was really lovely. It was nice to see how the people of Oman live and work. The ruins of the old port city of Suhumram were very interesting and the sea just beautiful. The panoramic views from the cliffs above the city of Taqah were just breathtaking. My visit to Salalah was fabulous, much more rewarding than last time I visited here….. Great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see these faces and think how little I know about the lives they live. Your photo makes me want to know more. The close up of th eman - he looks so serious and contemplative. I want to know what is on his mind!

The men sitting on the steps of the building (church?) just hanging out - are they taking a break? Or are they retired and just get together every day like this?

Questions from photos...I am totally hooked on this blog and your photos - I look every day to see what you are seeing!

Anonymous said...

You just had to find a beach in the desert din't you!