Friday, March 7, 2008

Day 168 Siem Reap, Cambodia











This morning I was off bright and early to get my balloon ride to see Angkor Wat at sunrise. The thing about ballooning is that the weather has to be pretty darn good (light winds) or you run the risk of being cancelled. See where this is going? Yep, my sunrise ride was cancelled for winds (seemed light to me)….. Oh well….. We went back to Angkor Wat to catch the sunrise but that too didn’t pan out. We had some early morning cloud cover, bummer. Anyway we took off again from Angkor Wat to see a temple, Preah Khan that we had left over from yesterdays marathon. We’ll we basically did it again. We ended up going back to Bayon (giant faces), Preah Khan, Ta Som, East Mebon and Pre Rup….. I feel like the Energizer bunny…. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed yesterday’s photos. I shorted myself a good night’s sleep to get those in. I kept looking at the clock last night thinking about my 0430 wakeup call. Today I’m just going to post a selection of the shots from today’s Temple adventure followed by my Tonle Sap Lake adventure. You probably don’t particularily care which individual temple the photo came from….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We truly appreciate your magnificent photographs.
How would you compare Borobudur to what you have been seeing here?
Barbara