Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day 180 At Sea

Today was just fabulous! The weather was just perfect. It's day 180.... trust me that's a long time. I believe I will (for the first time) be ready to leave the ship when the time comes. I am having a great time but I go pretty hard at the ports and it does get tiring at times..... Tomorrow we dock in Salalah Oman around 8:00 in the morning. I am going on a ship’s shore excursion to Sumhumram & Mirbat. Here is the description:
Sumhumram & Mirbat Highlights
Visit Ayn Razat, located at the foot of the Qara mountains—an oasis of water and beauty with its natural springs, rich plants and colorful desert flowers. Continue from there to the fishing village of Taqah for a wonderful view of this picturesque setting. Proceed to Sumhumram; you will stop to inspect the ruins of the old frankincense port city and its storage areas. The next stop is at Mirbat, admired for its beautiful, old Dhofari-style houses, highly evocative of a bygone era. Continue to the Palace of HM Sultan Qaboos, Al Hosn Palace, and stop at the Frankincense Souk (market) where the fragrances of the Orient come together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hell has frozen over.....