Monday, December 3, 2007

Day 74 Puntarenas, Costa Rica



































































What a day! We arrived very early into Puntarenas, Costa Rica. Today turned out to be just magnificent! I left early (0715) this morning on my excursion to do a cruise along a Mangrove River…. It looked like just the perfect day for it, hot and sunny. Costa Rica is one of the most ecologically diverse places on the planet and they are trying to leverage that with Eco-Tourism as a key focus. They certainly have all that nature has to offer. The cruise turned out to be one of the best I have seen. Those of you that have followed my travels for a while know I have ventured out on this type of tour in the past. I’ll let you be the judge…. The photos tell the story…. We were constantly treated with one after another of nature’s creatures. For me this is one of the coolest things you can do…. See nature up close and personnel. It certainly beats going to the zoo. So my first trip to Puntarenas turned out to be a great success.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I can not believe the wide variety of animals you saw on this excursion. Monkeys? Parrots? Crocs? I'd say that besides it being very ecologically diverse, you must have been in the right place at the right time to see all of that!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it's not the best place for some snorkeling huh?

Anonymous said...

Jeff thats where nic spent four months this summer. Part of her masters and her blog was amazing and she loved it. Her living quarters in the rain forest was not quite the same as your cabin. Meals differed a bit as well.
I agree Lisa all kinds of animals on the cruise. Some I understand got off prior to this portion of the voyage.
Enjoying the shots Jeff.