Saturday, December 15, 2007

Day 86 Pointe-A-Pitre Guadeloupe











































































































Today was a day apparently to test or flexibility…. Rudy, Michelle & I were dead set on going to Le Grande Baie to check out the beach and resorts. Nothing beats a good plan except torrential downpours of rain. I felt myself slipping into depression as I ventured out this morning into the rain…. Bummer. That called for a major change in plans…. Dump the beach plan! Rudy & Michelle decided to stay onboard but I elected to go into town and see what I could see and take some photos. See what I do for blog maintenance…. Anyway, I walked around town which is in a pretty decrepit condition. I checked out the spice markets. Flower market, fish market and various other shops. I also visited one of their bigger churches, Cathedrale De St Pierre-et,-St Paul. Once I got back to the ship I went topside to catch some sun. The whole afternoon turned out to be dry and very sunny. Turned out to be a pretty nice day overall….














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell you what, I'll be glad to take that old nasty picture taking camera off your hands. I have made arrangements with Geraint Smith (http://geraintsmith.com/) to go to Taos in April to learn from him. He'd be so impressed if I showed up without a point and shoot camera, he'd know I was serious!