Saturday, December 8, 2007

Day 79 Oranjestad Aruba
























































Today we arrived in Oranjestad Aruba at 0800. I looked off in the direction of the beaches and concluded that it was storming like crazy out there. I decided that I perhaps should wait just a bit and let the dark clouds pass over the island (hopefully) before I hopped into a taxi. At around 0900 I decided to go out shopping while I waited for the weather to decide what it was going to do. I came back to the ship about an hour later and went to the top deck to peer out toward Palm Beach to see if the storms had passed. It looked pretty good so I immediately left the ship and was off to the beach. It was a great day at Palm Beach. I thought of my friends John & Deb (Whitey & Mrs. Whitey) and the great day we had there back in 2006. I have been at this beach on many occasions and always love it. A couple of times during the day we a had a passing dark cloud and the requisite shower but they passed quickly and didn’t disrupt the day. Once back on the ship I spent the remainder of the afternoon at the pool awaiting sailaway. What a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for memories Jeff.
So familiar and really 2006? WOW

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,
This part of your trip is similar to what I will be doing in February. I know it can't compare to Australia but are there any good snorkeling spots in Aruba or Curacao?
Cheers, Roma
rompar98 at aol dot com