Thursday, December 27, 2007

Day 98 At Sea




I went out early this morning and believed that it would be a day for staying inside. The weather looked like we were going to get some of the rainy season weather. It was quite amazing how quickly it turned around. It turned out to be one of the most pleasant days. Around 11:00 this morning we encountered a dramatic change in water color along distinct lines. It reminded me of the “meeting of the waters” in the Amazon. I suspected it came from river outflows and sure enough it was. This color change can be attributed to the flow of the Rio Magdalena into the sea from Columbia. Very dramatic! I have finally succumbed to be in close proximity to a lot of sick passengers. I am in the 3 day of a miserable cold. It’s not bad enough to keep me inside….
Looking forward, I may decide to stay onboard for the majority of the rest of the cruise. Here’s my take, first Puerto Limon, been there done that and it’s a dump. If you aren’t going out into the rainforest or cruising the Tortuguero Canals or Sarapiqui River there isn’t much there. I’ve see the sights of bio-diversity and as impressive as they are I done feel like repeating them. Secondly, Cozumel…. 8 ships and we are tendering, I don’t think so…. So that leaves Roatan (beach day) and Grand Cayman. In Grand Cayman we are tendering with 4 ships in port. Since this is one of my favorite places I will probably go ashore but it’s no slam dunk. That leaves a lot of time on the pool deck, we’ll see. There is just about a week left for the World Voyage…. I’m getting excited and I’m sure Allan & Sandra are getting very excited. In less than a week they’ll be flying to Ft. Lauderdale, can’t wait….

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Transition Jeff. It seems in your last post it states "been there, done that why bother?". I think a nice beach is in order.
Now looking at deck shots I see some a younger crowd. Guess this is part of the portion only and once back to Lauderdale the demographics would change quite a bit.
Take care...

Rudy & Michelle (Holland America without the Line) said...

Now there was me thinking you liked the shuffle exercise!!
When you are on the beach have Diet Coke (not Light) on us, send the bill and we will put the check in the post!
We are off to Europe tonight, so will sign on again from a rather cold Holland thinking of you on the beach (well the beach not you, hope you will understand)

The Spade said...

Jeff,
Can't imagine Cozumel with 8 ships in port. The last time I was there, there were 5 and that was unbelieveable. Spade