Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Day 83 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas














































As we were arriving this morning at Half Moon Cay I walked outside and I thought…. “What a miserable day!”. It was windy, very chilly and storms over the island, not a good mix. I was very surprised how quickly the situation changed. By the time I got ashore (0818) it was very nice. I pulled up a chair at the beach until Rudy came by and said they rented a cabana for the day. I joined them, sort of…. I wouldn’t sit inside because I wanted sun. I sat just outside and was able to visit without being in the shade. The day turned out to be great. I have been here on several occasions and always enjoy it… Tomorrow is a day at sea before the blitz, 6 ports in a row…. Tough job….

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that sounds like my kind of day - - a cabana on the beach!
I came across a web site today that talked about the 50+ great places around the world to visit in 2008 and was going to send you a link to check it out. But then I decided to look at it before I send it - - I think you've been to all of the places on the list except one or two....oh well---one final comment - Holly and Crayola did a good job on their newly named color crayon - looks like a perfect match to your pix......enjoy....probably only 120+ days left!!!!

Jim

Anonymous said...

LOL! Yes I must admit "bonus day bronze" is the perfect description.

Anonymous said...

Clearly you don't miss me yet. It is snowing heavily outside as I choose shore excursions for the Grand Africa and watch you frolic at Half Moon Cay with 185 (was it?) kids. Like Jacques, I have seen the snow.

Rudy & Michelle (Holland America without the Line) said...

This is for the mayor:

Jeff forgot to mention the bottle of champagne, but then again if it is not diet coke he just does not want to know ... what is strange her??