Friday, December 14, 2007

Day 85 Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, USVI
























































What an amazing day…. I went out this morning to major, I mean major downpours. I decided that Magen’s Bay just wasn’t going to be possible. The skies were black and kept rolling in. To top it off, we were docked at Crown Bay… about the worse possible location (except for tendering). We were the only ship in St. Thomas, that doesn’t happen very often. There was a bit of a break in the storm after we went through Immigration so I decided to look at the shops at the dock. After a bit I decided to drop my things at the ship and roll the dice and go to Magen’s Bay even though the skies didn’t look good in that direction. I got to Magen’s Bay and the weather turned out nice and hot and sunny. Later in the afternoon I saw another storm on the horizon and it was about time to go so I went back to the ship and finished out the day taking a few photos with my Nikon D300 and catching some rays… Great day!!!!! By the way, Whitey.... I go to Magen's Bay (when it's not too crowded) because it's so beautiful.... I think it beats Coki or Saphire.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get to buy that replacement cap? You know, another yellow one. I still have the cap I bought there when we met up in 2004.
J L

Jeff Farschman said...

I tried... they no longer carry that hat. Too bad, I really liked it. Got another model instead.

Anonymous said...

When did you start shooting at 12.3 megapixel? Did you wear your D200 out?

Jeff Farschman said...

I started shooting 12.3 megapixels yesterday and no, I didn't wear it out. It just seemed like the right thing to do.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking you should be getting something from Nikon given how much you love their equipment. Look into www.lemonade.com and see if you can get paid for promoting their stuff. Who knows you might get enough kickbacks to pay for the "Colossal" cruise.

Anonymous said...

Although I have been loving your more exotic adventures, the port and beaches in St Thomas are so beautiful. It's good to see them again. I take it from the comments you have yet another new camera???

Jeff Farschman said...

I was seeing who was paying attention on the camera comment. Since everyone except the Mayor & Holly said my photos stink I figured an upgrade was in order :-)